I snagged this recipe out of a recent issue of All You.
Edit - 1/05 - So much better tasting warmed up the for the second go around. Yum!
prep: 10 min.
cook: 35 min.
cost per serving: 93 cents
- 1 Tbsp. unsalted butter
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 large head cauliflower, coarsely chopped
- 4 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- salt and pepper
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 Tsp. Dijon mustard
- 1 1/2 cups shredded sharp or extra sharp white Cheddar
- Croutons, for serving, optional
- In a large pan, melt butter with oil over medium heat. Add onion and garlic and saute until softened, about 5 minutes. Add cauliflower and brother, season with salt and pepper and bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer until cauliflower is very tender, about 20 minutes.
- Remove from heat; let cool slightly. Working in batches, puree soup in a blender. Return soup to clean pot; stir in milk and mustard. Bring back to a simmer over medium heat. Add cheese and stir until cheese in melted (do not boil). Season with salt and pepper. Ladle into bowls and sprinkle with additional cheese or croutons, if desired.
Per Serving: 183 Cal., 12g Fat (6g Sat.), 31mg Chol., 3g Fiber, 11g Pro., 11g Carb, 388mg Sod.